Please read the follow instructions for pre & Post Henna Brows
The treatment cannot be performed on clients who:
- Have a positive reaction to a patch test for any of the products used during the steps of a Brow Henna Treatment
- Inflammation of the eyelid or around the brow area
- Chemotherapy (current cancer treatment)
- Skin Disease, skin trauma, cuts, abrasions, burns and swelling in the immediate area
- Skin disorders in the general eye area such as dermatisis or psoriasis
- Eye infections such as conjunctivitis
- Recent operations around eyes, head or face in immediate areas
- Hypersensitive skin/eyes
- Recent tattoo, micro blading or feather touch brow design work (ensure all work is healed before proceeding and has been cleared for treatment by the technician)
- Botox and dermal fillers (ensure clearance for the treatment by the administrator)
- Previous reactions to Henna treatments either on the skin, hair/scalp or face
- Some anti-acne medications such as Roaccuataine, doxycycline and epiduogel or their derivative
- Some anti-aging creams or medications such as Vitamin A, Retinols and Efudex or other anti aging
- Brow lamination performed within 48 hours prior to henna application
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PDD) – if a client presents with having ticked pregnant but not confirmed they have G6PDD ask this client if a physician has ever strongly cautioned them again using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fava beans or naphthalene fumes (moth balls). This could indicate they are a carrier and Henna should not be performed on this expecting mother
- Coeliac Disease/Gluten Intolerance
- Steriod or cortizone creams as these can see thinning of the skin, pigment changes, irritation or peeling
of the skin and increase the risk of developing skin infections
Pre Henna Brows
Prior to treatment you are required to receive a patch test. A patch test must be carried out at least 24-48 hours prior to treatment date.
The result from the test will be either positive or negative.
A positive result will be recognised by irritation, swelling or inflammation of the skin. If this occurs, please inform your technician and you must not proceed with the treatment.
A negative result produces no skin reaction and you can proceed with the treatment.
Please ensure you arrive to your appointment makeup free and if you wear contact lenses they have been removed (remember to bring your glasses).
Brows cannot get wet for at least 24-48hrs post treatment, nor can makeup be worn. So ensure you don’t have any events immediately following your treatment.
This aftercare advice is given to ensure you fully understands what should and should not be done 24-28 hours post treatment for longevity of the brow lamination treatment results
- Do not rub the area treated
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours
- Do not apply brow make-up for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours, as this can cause the tint to fade
- Avoid swimming/saunas for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid perfumed products for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Please note that oil based make up remover can cause the tint to fade quicker
- Exposure to the sun/UV lights for long periods can cause the tint to fade quicker